Dear Parents and Friends:
KIPP TECH VALLEY Charter School is a tuition-free, open-enrollment public school located in Albany, New York that is committed to ensuring that ALL students graduate with the knowledge, skills and character habits necessary to succeed in high school, college and beyond. Admission is open to all students and there are no admission requirements for attending. The school opened in August of 2005 initially serving 90 students in 5th grade. Currently, KIPP TECH VALLEY provides education to approximately 300 students in grades 5-8.
As a member of the KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) network of schools, we put our commitment into practice through the following principles:
1) High Expectations: We will do whatever it takes to ensure every one of our students has the knowledge, skills and character habits to succeed in high school, college and beyond.
2) Choice and Commitment: As a public charter school, every student, parent and staff member makes the choice to be part of our community. Nobody is assigned to our school. This means that everybody shares the commitment to the school, to each other, and to the time and effort required to achieve success.
3) Power to Lead: It takes a TEAM EFFORT to ensure that every child at KIPP TECH VALLEY is successful. This means we each must take responsibility for the books our children read, the questions our children ask, as well the effort and attitude our children put towards work and school.
4) More Time: (No Shortcuts, No Excuses!): At KIPP: TECH VALLEY, nobody is alone in putting forth this extra effort. There are no shortcuts when it comes to success in academics and life. By extending the school day, week and year, teachers have more time to teach and students have more time to learn. As a team, we work until the job is done: whether it is staying late to provide extra help, working with fellow teachers to improve instruction or making an extra call home every week.
5) Results and Responsibility: At the end of the day, we each are responsible for delivering on the promise of measurable achievement gains for our students. As members of the KIPP TECH VALLEY community, we give our word that we will do whatever it takes for all children to learn and succeed. Our focus on high student performance means that students are expected to achieve at a level that will enable them to succeed at the nation's best high schools and colleges.
At KIPP TECH VALLEY, the promise of high expectations begins with our Commitment to Excellence for both students and parents. This statement of responsibility will give you a better sense of what it means to be part of the KIPP TECH VALLEY team and family.
Thank you for your interest.
Founder & Executive Director